To those who have already committed and sent in support: thank you! I am so excited that you are joining me. The Lord is already answering many prayers.
These last two weeks have been a whirlwind. Since I am still working full-time, my free time has been occupied with making the rounds of announcements, working through budget details, learning the ropes of fundraising, and ordering ministry supplies.
This next week, I will be filling out all of my RCE employee paperwork, refining my fundraising goals, and continuing to sort through my possessions to determine what stays, what travels, and what will be listed.
Raising funds is a new challenge for me. I have full confidence that the support will come in time, but how to go about asking for money is a hurdle I am learning to jump. This past week I had a meeting with RCE to learn more about fundraising strategies and tools I can use to make the task more manageable. With 65 days before my scheduled departure, I need all the help I can get.
Finally, in Colossians 4:3, Paul says: “At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison.” Even though money is necessary in order for me to go to the field, please don’t forget to pray for me. Prayer support is a pivotal means of support that the Lord has given His church.
- The support coming in is exciting. It is truly comforting to hear your encouragement and excitement about this work. Knowing that I have a growing host of eager supporters is marvelously emboldening.
- My letter of invitation from the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs was received by KCA. This means that Ukraine sees I have a legal reason to stay in the country. It will be mailed to me once a staff member is state side.
- My contacts in Kyiv are thrilled that I am returning so soon. Knowing individuals in Kyiv will undoubtedly make the transition less traumatic.
- I have already had inquiries about the sale of my truck, even though I haven’t officially said anything about selling it.
- 65 days is and isn’t a short amount of time to raise $20,000. Pray that these funds would come quickly and I would reach my goals in time.
- Once I receive the Letter of Invitation, I can fill out my end of the visa process. Pray that the process is seamless.
- As mentioned, it is necessary that I sell much of my household items. The more I take stock of my possessions, the more daunting this task seems. Pray that I can quickly reduce the amount of items I will need to store here in the states.
- Pray for my family. Save four members, everyone is in Kansas City; this means we are together often and are very tight-knit. Having a child/grandchild move to another part of the world (with an 8hr time difference) will be a huge shake-up. My family is completely behind me, but this will not lessen the sadness of goodbye when I leave.